Annapurna Round with Tilicho Lake Treks (21 Days)15 Reviews
Moderate to Strenuous
5,416m/17,769ft at Thorong La Pass
Full board on trek
Tea house/ Lodge
Private Vehicle/ Bus
September to December & March to May.
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
Outlined Itinerary for Annapurna Round with Tilicho Lake Treks 21 Days
- Pick up and drop facility from Airport to Hotel and Hotel to Airport in Kathmandu.
- A full day sightseeing in religious and historic places of Kathmandu with our experienced Guide.
- The Tourist bus ticket for Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- The public bus from Kathmandu to Besisahar
- Full board meals (3 meals a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek whereas during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara, only breakfast is included in the budget.
- Lodge/Teahouse accommodation during the trekking period.
- Trekking Permit for cases like Annapurna Conservation Area entry fee.
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) assisting you that includes food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment during your travel period.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Three nights'3* accommodation in Kathmandu and 1-night accommodation in Pokhara.
- Medical supplies like First Aid Kit.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Lunch, dinner and other expenses during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Liquors like alcohol and other beverages including mineral water; also, personal expenses like laundry, phone calls, and internet are excluded.
- Monument fees in Kathmandu sightseeing
- Emergency rescue evacuation from Helicopter or any personal accident insurance during emergencies.
- Luggage weighing more than 20 kg per person needs an extra charge and own trekking gears.
- Your international flight tickets, pre-departure date or date extensions or reissues if required.
- Nepal Visa Fee (the issuance of the visa is easy upon arrival).
- Gifts and souvenirs you collect.
Round Annapurna Trek is one of the most beautiful trekking experience you can ever have. This trekking route will take you through the entire Annapurna Region along with most of the magical and elegant views of the region.
Trekking high over the Thorung La Pass that stands as the world's greatest pass will set one excellent adventure you'll at any point gone over. Thorung La Pass is a definitive highlight of your Around Annapurna Trek as it takes you to a rise of 5416 meter.
As you move from 830m/2,723ft to 5,416m/17,769ft, it is very positive that you can witness the assorted scenes inside a restricted area of Annapurna. Round Annapurna Trek is a definitive trekking course which gives you an uncommon opportunity to stroll over the different landscapes among which some looks like the Tibetan level. From sub tropical woodlands to high frigid trekking ways, would be a general direct to strenuous trip that will dependably help you to remember your enormous accomplishment once you achieve Round Annapurna Trek.
Other than scenes and nature, you are similarly encompassed by various ways of life of the general population living here. Annapurna area is a definitive wellspring of rich ethnic gatherings and you will be getting numerous chances to meet these awesome individuals living here all through Around Annapurna Trek.
Around Annapurna Trek is one impressive outing enclosing the Annapurna Region by giving you a chance to touch the Annapurna monster. The voyage all through can make you enchanted as you move along the diverse energizing and in addition daring ways in this Annapurna Round Trekking course.
The initiation point for Round Annapurna Trek is Besishahar. As the trek takes you around the whole Annapurna region, we start Annapurna Round Trek with a drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar. Upon completion of Around Annapurna Trek, we drive from Nayapul to Pokhara and take tourist bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Once we reach Besishahar, we start walking all the way to our destination. This is also a complete overland tour and involves no flights. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Annapurna Round Trekking. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
Around Annapurna Trek forms almost a circle trekking route covering the Annapurna Region. It takes you all around the areas lying in Annapurna Region as you follow the Round Annapurna Trek route. Here are the major highlights of your Annapurna Round Trekking.
- Typical Nepali villages like Besishahar, Chame, Pisang, Manang, Jomsom, Ghorepani, Ghandruk and many others
- Panorama of the Annapurna Ranges with Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre and Pisang, Chulu Peak.
- View of stunning Tilicho Lake
- The World's Biggest Pass, Thorung La at an altitude of 5416m
- Muktinath Temple, a pilgrimage destination of Hindus and Buddhists
- Stunning Mountain Dhaulagiri views
- Apple Peach Farming in Marpha
- Ruined villages in Kagbeni
- Tatopani (Hot springs that is believed to remove all your pain and diseases)
- Sunrise view from Poon Hill
- Tadapani, a place to watch the tower in the village
- Ghasa, a paradise for bird watching
- Learn Buddhism, and visit ancient monasteries
- Unique Gurung, Magar and Thakali culture and generous hospitalities of the people living in this region
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- The traditional farming system
- Sight Seeing in Pokhara – the Phewa Lake, the Davis Fall, Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda), Gupteshwor Cave, Mahendra cave and many others
- Pokhara valley view
Our Trekking Group
The trekking group to Round Annapurna Trek depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 1-10 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 10 persons, we can manage the Annapurna Round Trekking accordingly. The maximum number '10' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guides and Porters
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Tea houses and Guest Houses during Annapurna Round Trekking. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Round Annapurna Trek.
Our Around Annapurna Trek would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at tea house/guest house whereas we will have lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu and Pokhara, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel. We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea/Coffee) are included during Annapurna Round Trekking once you leave move ahead from Kathmandu.
The means of transportation are private vehicles and tourist bus. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks. Also, we will be driving from Kathmandu to Besishahar by a private vehicle.
Our Annapurna Round trekking will start with a drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar. From Besishahar, we will walk all the way to our destination. Upon reaching Nayapul while returning, we drive to Pokhara. We travel back to Kathmandu by taking a tourist bus from Pokhara early morning.
Safety and Precaution
It is necessary that you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Round Annapurna Trek. As the Annapurna Round Trekking leads to higher altitude range, you need some trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped people around you. Your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs.
Since these hikes take you on the remote Himalayan region, it is very essential that you are accompanied with the very experienced, qualified and well-equipped leader such that your trek runs safe and successful one. The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, we are well aware that you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety.
A good planning for Around Annapurna Trek is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before attempting Round Annapurna Trek.
On your date of arrival, Imperial Nepal Treks will be there to welcome you at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. We will pick you and shift you in a tourist standard hotel as per booking for an overnight accommodation.Â
Imperial Nepal Treks organizes a full day city tour around Kathmandu Valley. The aim behind is to let you have the know-how of the Kathmandu city, the city of monuments, temples, and monasteries such as Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swoyambhunath, Changu Narayan, Budhhanilkantha and many others. We will provide you leisure time for rest and preparation for final departure that is scheduled for the next day.
On this day, we offer you a welcome dinner at a typical Nepali Restaurant where you will taste different varieties of Nepali food. Your overnight accommodation remains unchanged.
Starting our Round Annapurna Trek from Besishahar, we drive from Kathmandu via the local highway. It takes around 5 to 6 hours to reach Besishahar which is the district headquarters of Lamjung. After taking a short break here, we head toward Bhulbhule where we will be staying overnight.
The way to Khudi is along the river trail of the big Marsyangdi River. As we move on, we pass by the local villages, green fields, and riverside walk. Once we reach Khudi, we will capture the first glimpse of the mountain range of Manaslu. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch, and dinner).
From Bhulbhule, we ascend along the Marsyangdi River and cross several suspension bridges on our way. The trial involves easy walking follow through the riverside. The route lets you explore the farming lands as well as waterfalls here. Â The walking becomes quite easier after crossing the hill as we descend for Chamje. We stay at Change for overnight; your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch, and dinner).
Ascending along the landslide possible areas, we pass by ruined buildings of old Bhratang, memorial of Japanese mountaineer Akira Ochiai and cross the Swargadwari Bridge. The pathway consists of dense forests and striking curved rock face rising 1500m from the river. You will find no vegetation as we reach the top of the hill where exist big river valleys. Upon arriving at Lowe Pisang, we will observe the dramatic views of Annapurna ranges surrounding us. We can walk towards Upper Pisang in the evening to witness this interesting village in riversides. We spend the night at Lower Pisang; your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch, and dinner).
For Manang, we can either take the upper route or the lower one. We recommend the upper route as we pass through the Upper Pisang valley where you can see the Pisang Peak climbing route and Deuralidanda near Ghyaru. Once we arrive at Ghyaru, you will be able to witness the exceptional mountain sceneries of Pisang peak, Annapurna Ranges and many others that fascinate us. The landscapes seem different from here and the weather is also cold and dry. The environment appears to be quite harsh on us from here. After arriving at Mugje, our route ascends towards Baraka, also known as Braga where Braga Monastery exists. It is the largest Buddhist monastery in the whole district of Manang. A little further from here, we arrive at Manang, the religious place with monasteries where we will stay overnight. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch, and dinner).
This is the important point of our Round Annapurna Trek i.e. acclimatization. Â Our every trek is assured with proper planning considering the altitude sickness we are likely to suffer from. As this is the rest day, we will only go for short walks as we need to familiarize with the environment here as the trekking from here leads to higher altitude quickly. We will walk to Gangapurna Glacier Lake and go uphill for an hour for a tea shop from where you can eye on the Manang village. We can also visit the Bojo Gompa on the hill. You can find the 100 rupees BABA who will bless you for your success on crossing the Thorang La Pass. The views of Annapurna and Tilicho Lake can be witnessed from here. We stay overnight at Manang; your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch, and dinner).
From Pokhara, we catch a tourist bus for Kathmandu early morning. Once we arrive at Kathmandu, you will be taken to the hotel you've stayed in before (unless changed). As this is the last day, we enjoy the farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with live music and rejoice the moments.Â
The representatives from Imperial Nepal Treks will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and assist you in your final departure from Kathmandu. We bid our last goodbyes and you will head towards your destination.
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Annapurna treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Annapurna trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Annapurna trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide he arrange some guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 14 Days 13 Nights
- Price Today: US$850
- of 23 Reviews
Annapurna Skyline (The royal Trek)
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 9 Days 8 Nights
- Price Today: US$725
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
- Trip Grade: Leisure to Moderate
- Trip Length: 12 Days 11 Nights
- Price Today: US$900
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Annapurna Round with Tilicho Lake Treks , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.