Moderate to Strenuous
5,550m/18,204ft at Kala Patthar
Full board on trek
Tea house/ Lodge
Flight & private vehicle
September to December & March to May.
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
Outlined Itinerary for Comfort Everest Trek 16 Days
- Pick up and drop facility from Airport - Hotel - Airport By private car.
- Guided Full Day City Tour in Kathmandu valley By Private Vehicle.
- Welcome dinner (enjoy live Nepali Cultural program) at one tropical Nepali restaurant.
- 3 Nights at 3 star standard accommodation with breakfast at Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu flight, airport tax, and domestic transfer.
- Accommodation in comfortable and clean Guest House House, Lodges (3 nights attached bathroom) during your treks.
- Three meals a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Seasonable Fresh Fruit.
- Tea or COffee during meal time (Served in a Cup).
- One Trekking Guide.(Experienced, English speaking, well trained) All his expenses, insurance, equipment during your travel period.
(One porter for each two-member in a group) All his expenses, insurance, equipment during your travel period.
- Trekking Permit / TIMS card and National Park entry fee.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bags while trekking upon request.
- First Aid Kit.
- Farewell dinner with choice of Westen food.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, personal nature expenses, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required such as personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Extra luggage and personal trekking gears.
- International flight tickets, date change or re-issue If required.
- Nepal visa fee, Visa issuance is easy upon arrival.
- MOnument fee in Kathmandu
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Almost all of us have heard about Mt Everest, the world's highest mountain situated in naturally blessed land locked country 'Nepal'. Since it's located at highest altitude of around 8,848m, Everest Base Camp Trek marks itself as the most challenging adventure on Earth.If you are thinking of going on this spine chilling experience, then fasten your seat belt because this ride is gonna go to the top of the world.
On this trek to the Everest Base Camp, you will surpass many natural beauty. Along with the free flowing rivers and waterfalls to the high mountains covered in white snow, you'll be amazed by the mouth watering sceneries that this trek has to offer. And along with all that you can have a closer look at one of the oldest Sherpa religions and we bet you'll be amazed by their warm nature and hospitalities. You can learn some or more about their history, way of living and farming. These will be a new achivement to your list of achivements. And you'll enjoy every bit of it.
Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in the year 1953 were the first to accomplish this remarkably adventurous journey to Everest Base Camp. Since then, Mount Everest Base Camp Trek has been known as the most popular trekking destination to the people around the globe.
The initiation point for our Everest Base Camp Trek is Lukla. We take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu once the trekking is accomplished. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Everest Base Camp Trek. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
- Dudh Koshi, the River of Milk, Rhododendron and Magnolia Forests
- The main gateway to our Everest trekking, Namche Bazaar
- Khumbu Glacier, the home of Mount Everest Base Camp and the icefalls
- An unforgettable breathtaking view of sunrise on those snow capped mountains from the summit of Kala Patthar
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- Unique Sherpa culture and generous hospitalities of the people living in this region
- Learn Buddhism, and visit ancient monasteries
- The traditional farming system
- Everest Base Camp
The trekking group to Everest Base Camp Trek depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 2-10 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 10 persons, we can manage the Everest Base Camp Trek accordingly. The maximum number '10' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guide and Porter
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Tea houses and Guest Houses during Everest Trekking. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Everest Base Camp trek.
Our Everest Base Camp Trek would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at tea house/guest house whereas we will have lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel. We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea- Coffee) are included during the Everest Base Camp Trek once you leave Kathmandu.
The means of transportation are cars/vans and planes. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks.
Our trekking will start with a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. From Lukla, there is no transport and we will walk all the way to our destination. Coming back to Lukla upon the completion of Everest Trekking, we take back flight from Lukla to Kathmandu again.
Safety and Precaution
It is necessary that you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Everest trek. As the Everest trekking leads to higher altitude range, you need some trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped people around you. Your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs.
Since these hikes take you on the remote Himalayan region, it is very essential that you are accompanied with the very experienced, qualified and well-equipped leader such that your trek runs safe and successful one. The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, we are well aware that you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety.
A good planning for Mount Everest Base Camp Trek is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before trek.
On your date of arrival, Imperial Nepal Treks will be there to welcome you at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft). We will pick you and shift you for an overnight accommodation as per booking.
Imperial Nepal Treks organizes a full day city tour around Kathmandu Valley. The aim behind is to let you have the know-how of the Kathmandu city, the city of monuments, temples, and monasteries such as Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swoyambhunath, Changu Narayan, Budhhanilkantha and many others. We will provide you leisure time for rest and preparation for final departure that is scheduled for the next day.
On this day, we offer you a welcome dinner at a typical Nepali Restaurant where you will taste different varieties of Nepali food. Your overnight accommodation remains unchanged.
We start our trek with a charming flight to Lukla from Kathmandu after having a breakfast early morning. Once we arrive at Lukla, we head towards Phakding that takes around 4 hours of walk. On our way to Phakding, we will observe beautiful stone walls, painted and non-painted mani stones, view of Kusum Khangkaru mountain, and finally, reach Phakding.
Phakding is the first viewpoint of Kongde Ri mountain range. Also, 500 years old Pemacholing Monastery exists here. Our accommodation would be in a tea house or lodge on full board basis.
From Phakding, we stroll towards Namche Bazaar, being our next goal on the excursion to Mount Everest. After some trekking, we move up along the trail and visit Sagarmatha National Park. You can have the web access here. Advancing, we will witness the main perspective of Mount Everest. Moving up the way, we are at last at Namche Bazaar. What's more, spend the night there for our huge day.
This day is the rest day as we need enough time for acclimatization; however, if you are willing to hike for some time then we take you to famous Everest View Hotel that takes around 3 hours to catch glimpses of Mt. Everest. On our way back, we'll visit Hilary and Sherpa museum. You will get teahouse or lodge accommodation in full board basis.
Heading towards Tengboche from Namche, the first view of Ama Dablam, Lhotse Shar, Taboche, Kangtega, and Thamserku is witnessed. Moving forward, we pass by an Army Barrack at Phunke Tenga and arrive at Tengboche. Tengboche is famous for the Buddhist Monastery, we visit and explore the monastery. Our accommodation would be in a tea house or lodge on full board basis.
Ascending along the stone steps, we see the National Park Head Office as we pass by Deboche. Following up the path, we reach Pangboche where a religious place called Pangboche Gompa exists. Walking over some flat trails, surpassing tea shops, we arrive at Dingboche. Here, you get teahouse or lodge accommodation in full board basis.
This day is the rest day for acclimatization and the last leg of the journey as well. You can take full rest or if interested explore the areas over there. A trek to Chhukung that takes around 3 to 4 hours can be taken. Walking towards the east, within Imja Tsha valley, the path leads to Chukkung. You might experience thin air here as the altitude gains. At Chhukung, there are few tea houses and you can have the superb view of the snow-capped peaks and glaciers. Enjoying the sceneries all around, we stroll back to Dingboche for an overnight stay in the same teahouse/lodge.
Beginning from Dingboche, we head towards Lobuche walking over the mani stones. Taking gradual steps, we will follow the trail of Three High Passes Trek. The trek is quite strenuous as we need to cross Kongma La Pass that resides at an altitude of 5535m. Moving forward, passing by the High camp, we reach Lobuche. At Lobuche, we stay for overnight in a teahouse or lodge accommodation in full board basis.
Climbing high, we follow Everest Base Camp Trek trail and come across Pyramid, Lobuche pass at 5110m, and Gorakshep Tsho Lake at Gorakshep. We have lunch at Gorakshep and stepping up, passing by Camp and Pumori B.C., we reach Everest Base Camp (5364). We come back to Gorakshep for an overnight stay in a tea house or lodge on full board basis.
In order to snap in the breathtaking morning view, the sun rays over the snow-capped Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and others, we walk towards Kala Patthar at an altitude of 5550m. From Kala Patthar, we descend towards Dingboche via Lobuche and finally stay at Pheriche you get teahouse or lodge accommodation in full board basis.
As the trail descends, the travel is easier and faster in pace. Following back the same trail with stone walls around, passing by places like Pangboche, Deboche, and Tengboche, we arrive at Phunke Tenga. Heading downwards and crossing the suspension bridge over the Dudh Koshi River, this trek onwards to the Khyangjuma well-known as the Trinity ways to Gokyo Valley, Khumjung village, and Namche Bazaar. Views of peaks like Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Tawache and Lhotse are stunning from here. Some species that are found in the Rhododendron forest are Pheasants, Himalayan Griffons, Musk deer and wild goats will let you experience the wildlife here. Exploring all these creatures, we reach Khumjung and stay here for an overnight in a tea house or lodge where you get meals on full board basis.
Descending from Khumjung, we visit Khumjung Gompa, Khunde Hillary Hospital, Government Yak Farm in the Khumjung valley. Crossing Syangboche where there is a Syangboche airstrip, the world's highest airstrip, we walk towards Namche and have our lunch there. From Namche, we walk back downhill and reach Monju. We spend the night in a teahouse/lodge where you get meals on a full board basis.
Following back the same trail towards Lukla via Phakding and the same glorious views as well the Sherpa valleys around, we step in Lukla. We will stroll around the Lukla and also reconfirm the flight ticket on this day. Enjoying the very last moments of our Everest Base Camp Trek, we celebrate and have dinner with the crew members. We stay in a hotel at night where you will get meals on full board basis.
We will take in Lukla to Kathmandu flight that is around 30 to 40 minutes. You will meet the team of Imperial Nepal who will drop you at the Hotel you stayed before (unless changed). As this is the last day, we enjoy the farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with live music and rejoice the moments.
The representatives from Imperial Nepal Treks will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and assist you in your final departure from Kathmandu. We bid our last goodbyes and you will head towards your destination.
FAQ For Everest trekking
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 100 % success rate for our Everest treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I have to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depends on you, this is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later.
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Everest Base Camp trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
- For domestic flights (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu), we use Tara Air, Agni Air -popular domestic airlines.
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Everest base camp trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
- July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- In major places (Namche Bazar, Lukla), we arrange guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Everest Panorama Trek
- Trip Grade: Leisurely to Moderate
- Trip Length: 9 Days 8 Nights
- Price Today: US$1025
- of 2 Reviews
Everest 3 High Pass
- Trip Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Trip Length: 17 Days 16 Nights
- Price Today: US$1450
- of 9 Reviews
Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri
- Trip Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Trip Length: 23 Days 22 Nights
- Price Today: US$1600
- of 3 Reviews
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Comfort Everest Trek , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.