Tamang Heritage treks 9 Days
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
- TRIP OVERVIEW
- TRIP DETAILS
- DETAILED ITINERARY
- Fixed DATES: 2017 / 2018
Moderate to Strenuous
2380m/7808ft at Tatopani
Full board on trek
Tea house/ Lodge
Private Vehicle/ Bus
September to December & March to May.
Outlined Itinerary for Tamang Heritage treks 9 Days
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu.
- One welcome dinner
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing by a professional tour guide.
- Hotel to Bus Park by car/bus station hotel car.
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public bus or Jeep.
- Langtang National park entrance permits and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card.
- One English speaking experience guide required porters.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with homestay or Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide, porter, food, lodge, insurance, equipment, salary, etc.
- All government taxes and official charge.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape, etc .
- Welcome and Farewell dinner in tropical Nepali place.
- International airfare and visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as coke, beer, mineral water Tea Cofee.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Driven by the typical Tamang cultures and traditions, Tamang Heritage Trek offers you the closest look to the lifestyle of the people living in Langtang region. As the name suggests, Tamang Heritage trek lets you discover the tamang heritages dwelling in the Langtang area.
Tamang heritage trail trek puts you through the gorgeous routes to tamang heritages along the fantastic surroundings around you to capture. Your Tamang Heritage Trek is guided by the Tamang settlements where you can get numerous chances to know the Tamang lifestyles, their festivals and the rituals they perform. To watch them is fun and inspiring.
Besides being rich in cultures, Tamang Heritage Trek adds charm to your Tamang heritage trail with the impeccable views of the greeneries, rivers and picturesque villages. The rhododendron forests, grassy pathways, terraced farmlands and the wildlife are big bunch of things to observe.
The people living here resemble the Tibetans as they are the descendents from Kerung in Tibet. Typical old Tibet villages are also the remarkable aspects of Tamang Heritage Trek. Walking along the Tamang monastery, sacred lakes, hot springs and bounded by panoramic mountains, Tamang Heritage trail is a short yet sweet adventure to overcome.
The initiation point for Tamang Heritage Trekking in Langtang Region is Syabrubesi. We drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. Upon completion of Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal, we drive back to Kathmandu from Syabrubesi. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Tamang heritage trail. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal lets you browse through the Tamang villages in Langtang region with peoples rich in cultures and traditions. Here are the major highlights of your Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal.
- Typical old Tibetan villages
- Mind blowing Tamang cultures, traditions and rituals
- Spectacular Mountains like Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung
- Langtang Region's specialty, the wonderful region blessed by the nature
- Tatopani (Hot springs that is believed to remove all your pain and diseases)
- Villages like Syabrubesi, Chilime, Nagthali, Briddhim, Thuman, Rimche, Ghodatabela, Chyamki and Langtang village
- Ancient monasteries
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- The traditional farming system
Our Trekking Group
The trekking group to Tamang Heritage Trekking depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 1-10 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 10 persons, we can manage the Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal accordingly. The maximum number '10' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guides and Porters
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Lodge/Guest Houses during Tamang Heritage Trekking. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal.
Our Tamang Heritage Trek in Langtang Region would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at lodge/guest houses mostly whereas we will have the lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel.
We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket during your stay in Kathmandu. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea/Coffee) are included during Tamang Heritage Trek Nepal once you leave Kathmandu.
The means of transportation are private cars/vans and public bus. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks. Also, we will be driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by Bus.
Our trekking will start with a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. From Syabrubesi, we walk all the way to our destination. While returning, we take early morning bus from Syabrubesi for Kathmandu.
Safety and Precaution
It is necessary that you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Tamang Heritage Trek. As the Tamang heritage trail leads to higher altitude range, you need some trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped people around you. Your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs.
Since these hikes take you on the remote Himalayan region, it is very essential that you are accompanied with the very experienced, qualified and well-equipped leader such that your trek runs safe and successful one. The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, we are well aware that you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety.
A good planning for Tamang Heritage Trekking is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before Tamang Heritage trek.
Welcome to Himalayan country of Nepal. Upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan intl. airport our representative welcomes you and assists to transfer in your hotel in Kathmandu. After time to get refreshed, evening you'll meet and transfer for welcome dinner in one of the typical Nepalese restaurant in the heart of Kathmandu and briefing about your trip and overnight at Hotel.
Today after breakfast our guide will transfer you to the bus station; from where your journey starts towards north of Kathmandu through the beautiful Nepalese countryside. You will enjoy the scenery passing along the road at the bank of Trishuli River catching a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills and finally you will reach to Shybrubesi. O/N at syabrubesi.
After breakfast at your teahouse, your trek ascends up to the view point; from where we can see the fantastic view of Goljang valley with Ganesh Himal and Gosaikunda range. Then the trail descends down to the Goljang where you stop for your hot Lunch. The beautiful Tamang village is another 3 hrs walk from Goljang where you stop for overnight at the lodge. Upon arrival to the Gatlang you will get very warm welcomed by local villagers. Gatlang is a small village on the hillside with the traditional stone houses. Get refreshed and explores the surrounding village area and enjoy the local Syabru dance. O/N at Gatlang.
After breakfast our journey starts descending to Thangbuchet through the Bhotekoshi River. You will enjoy your lunch viewing the Chilime Hydropower dam. After lunch your trail will ascends up until you get to the Tatopani (literally means 'hot water') village. You have chance to take bath in natural hot springs in the lap of the mountains. Local believes that the hot water have a healing quality that eases away your aches and pains.
After breakfast our day starts ascending to Nagthali (3300m/10824ft) the open grassland with amazing views of snow covered mountains. Enjoying the panoramic view we continue our trek to Brimdang village for hot lunch. After lunch our trek ascends to Nagthali Danda and spends some time at the local Gompa. Then our trek continues down to Thuman village. We will enjoy exploring the interesting lifestyle of this Tibetan influenced Tamang village. O/N at Thuman.
Today after breakfast our day begins with easy walking to Timure Village through the old trade route to Tibet. Here we have opportunity to observe the historical Rasuwagadi fort reminder of the Nepal Tibetan relations that have existed for many centuries. We stop here for our lunch. After lunch the walk continues to Briddim. Today you have unique experience staying with local house with the host family, living with them, eating traditional foods and sleeping at their usual clean bed. They will offer you their local foods like plain rice, Tibetan bread, Syakpa (Sherpa Stew), Potato, Tibetan tea, Briddim wine. You have opportunity to observe the local indoor rituals and cultural practices with the host family and customs of the people. At this evening local will performing cultural songs and dances. O/N at Briddim.
After breakfast, the trek descends down to Syabrubesi via Wangel village. Today the trail moves along a gently descending path passing through villages, terraces and magnificent views of surrounding hills.
O/N at Syabrubesi.
Today, after breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu with the splendid views of hills, mountains, terraces and villages. Remaining time you rest and evening explore Thamel. O/N at Kathmandu.
Today is free or last minute shopping for souvenirs or gift to your family, friends or relatives for you until your departure flight/drive or to commence any extra trips or activities you may have booked with us. If departing, you'll be transferred to the International Airport for your departure flight to your onwards destination.
- 2017 Fixed Departures
- 2018 Fixed Departures
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Langtang treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Langtang trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Langtang trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide arrange some place guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Tamang Heritage treks , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.