Full board on trek
Private Car / Bus
March - May & Sept - Nov
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
Outlined Itinerary for Mardi Himal Trek 12 Days
- Pick up and drop facility from Airport to Hotel and from Hotel to Airport in Kathmandu by private vehicle of Imperial Nepal.
- A full day sightseeing in religious and historic places of Kathmandu with our experienced Guide.
- Full board meals (3 meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Hotel/Guesthouse accommodation during the trekking period.
- Trekking Permit for cases like Annapurna Conservation Area entry fee.
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) assisting you from Imperial Nepal that includes food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment during your travel period.
- All necessary ground transportation by private car.
- All government tax and service charge.
- 3 night accomodation in kathmandu tourist standard hotel.
- 2 night hotel In pokhara tourist standard hotel
- Medical supplies like First Aid Kit.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Lunch, dinner and other expenses during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Liquors like alcohol and other beverages including mineral water; also, personal expenses like laundry, phone calls and internet are excluded.
- Emergency rescue evacuation from Helicopter or any personal accident insurance during emergencies.
- Tips to guide and porter
The newly opened gateway to hidden treasure in the Annapurna region, Mardi Himal Trek brings you to a unique trekking route rarely explored by the trekkers. Mardi Himal Trekking trail is less traveled and has defined a fresh lovable trekking destination for the trekkers around the globe.
Mardi Himal Trek takes you high to the Mardi Himal Base Camp standing at an elevation of 4500m. The giant Mardi Himal appears so lively and charming from here. The ultimate destination of Mardi Himal Trek is the base camp of Mardi Himal from where we will behold the underlying exceptional beauty of Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal. Annapurna ranges view adds more charm in our Mardi Himal Trekking.
Unlike many other treks, Mardi Himal Trek is distinctive as we set up camp tents for overnight stays at many different places. You will find very few remote villages as we move up to High Camp. So, camp tenting experience will also be an exciting one.
This Annapurna Mardi Himal Trekking is specially designed for trekkers who love peace and amiable environment to walk around. The beauty and style Mardi Himal trek possess is sure lure you and plunge you deep leaving the footprints you'll never forget!
The initiation point for Mardi Himal Trekking in Annapurna Region is Pokhara. We drive from Kathmandu to Pokhra and again from Pokhara to Phedi after which we start walking all the way to our destination. Upon completion of Mardi Himal Trek, we take a flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Annapurna Mardi Himal Trekking. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
Annapurna Mardi Himal Trekking allows you to gain a unique and rare trekking experience to observe the sacred Mardi Himal from the West and South Base Camps. Here are the major highlights of your Mardi Himal Trek.
- Sight Seeing in Pokhara – the Phewa Lake, the Davis Fall, Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda), Gupteshwor Cave, Mahendra cave and many others
- Pokhara valley view
- Annapurna Himalayan Range
- Stunning Mountain Dhaulagiri views
- Camp set up for overnight stay
- Forest Camp and High Camps
- Mardi Himal Base Camp, West and South
- Gigantic view of Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre
- Off the beaten pathways to Mardi Himal
- Rhododendron and Oak Forest
- Learn Buddhism, and visit ancient monasteries
- Unique Gurung, Magar and Thakali culture and generous hospitalities of the people living in this region
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- The traditional farming system
Our Trekking Group
The trekking group to Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 1-10 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 10 persons, we can manage the Mardi Himal Trekking accordingly. The maximum number '10' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guides and Porters
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Tea houses/Lodge and Camp Tent mostly during Mardi Himal Trek in Annapurna Region. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek.
During Camp stay at various destinations, we will be providing full board meals that include dry foods, packed foods and liquors. We will shop prior to camp stay and provide you with meals you would like to have.
Also, our Mardi Himal Trek would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at tea house/guest house whereas we will have lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu and Pokhara, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel. We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea/Coffee) are included during Mardi Himal Trekking once you leave Kathmandu and head forward from Pokhara.
The means of transportation are private vehicles, tourist bus and planes. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks. Also, we will be driving from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus.
Our Mardi Himal trekking will starts with a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. From Pokhara, we drive to Phedi and walk all the way to our destination. While returning, we take flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Safety and Pracaution
It is necessary that you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Mardi Himal Trek. As the Mardi Himal Trekking leads to higher altitude range, you need some trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped people around you. Your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs.
Since these hikes take you on the remote Himalayan region, it is very essential that you are accompanied with the very experienced, qualified and well-equipped leader such that your trek runs safe and successful one. The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, we are well aware that you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety.
A good planning for Mardi Himal Trek is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before trek.
On your date of arrival, Imperial Nepal Treks will be there to welcome you at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. We will pick you and shift you in a tourist standard hotel as per booking for an overnight accommodation.
Imperial Nepal Treks organizes a full day city tour around Kathmandu Valley. The aim behind is to let you have the know-how of the Kathmandu city, the city of monuments, temples and monasteries such as Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath, Swoyambhunath, Changu Narayan, Budhhanilkantha and many others. We will provide you leisure time for rest and preparation for final departure that is scheduled for the next day.
On this day, we offer you a welcome dinner at a typical Nepali Restaurant where you will taste different varieties of Nepali food. Your overnight accommodation remains unchanged.
We start Trek to Annapurna Base Camp with a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The drive to Pokhara is filled with outstanding panorama of river and countryside. If you have learned about Nepal, you must have gone across this beautiful source of treasures, the place called Pokhara in Nepal. Once we arrive here, you will be transferred to the hotel you've booked before. After taking some time for refreshment, we visit some exotic places lying in Pokhara such as Davi's fall, Gupteshwor cave, Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda – astounding view of Pokhara from here) and later, you will encounter out of the world experience by boating over Phewa Lake. Your accommodation would be in a tourist standard hotel where breakfast will be provided within our budget and other meals will be counted on your own expense.
Starting from Pokhara, we drive via Sarankot, Milanchowk, Hemjo and stop at Phedi. The drive involves charming views around you. As we reach Phedi, we take some rest and head for Dhampus. The walk for Dhampus is steady as we need to climb up a steep trail. From Dhampus, exotic views of Annapurna Ranges can be witness. Dhampus is a beautiful Gurung village surrounded by farmlands rich in Nepali culture and tradition. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch and dinner).
Climbing up a steep trail from Dhampus, we find Australian camp. Moving ahead from here, we ascend towards Pothana crossing Dhondredana. Walking along the stone paved trail, we reach Bhichok Deurali. Leaving Bhichok, we move ahead and cross another hill called Suiredanda. Walking further we arrive at Forest Camp. From Forest Camp, you can capture the wildlife here of leopards, deer, monkeys, pheasants and other bird species. Gorgeous Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges view is also remarkable from here. We set up camp for overnight stay. Meals are provided on full board basis. Packed foods, dry foods and liquors will be served mostly during tent camp stay.
It is a short distance climb but is rather upright along the rhododendron and juniper forest. As we reach Low Camp, you will be pleased to get the exceptional Mount Machhapuchhre, Mardi and Annapurna Range views. We set up camp for overnight stay. Meals are provided on full board basis. Packed foods, dry foods and liquors will be served mostly during tent camp stay.
The trail gains height as we climb further to High Camp. Bamboo, Rhododendron and Oak Forests will accompany us all our way. Walking over the Nange Danda (Naked Hill), we make our way to High Camp. High Camp rewards you again with much closer look to the Annapurna Ranges, Machhapuchhre, Mardi Himal and the valleys base camp views. We set up camp for overnight stay. Meals are provided on full board basis. Packed foods, dry foods and liquors will be served mostly during tent camp stay.
Himalayas. We will then return back to lodge where we will be served with our breakfast. We have time to rest before we start hiking up to the upper view point for magnificent views of close Himalayan peaks. The trail heading to Upper View Point is well marked through the grassland involves few steep sections. In overall this is moderate walk, not too easy and not too challenging as well. In summer season this area is full of yaks and sheep along with several yak herder's huts. There are some narrow and steep trails that extensive care is required.
We take a separate route to Landruk village. This is huge village that is on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. We will come to a junction that separates us between the trail heading to Low Camp on the left and Landruk on the right so we take the right one. Descending further will again bring us back inside the forest where the trail is so peaceful and quiet. Turning one and another circles we will then reach Landruk village for overnight stay.
We descend down to Modi River before we start walking on the next side. The trail is pretty flat all the way to Nayapul with small and short gradual ups and downs. We will be walking on the right of Modi Khola until we reach Birenthanti, where Modi Khola meets Bhurundi Khola coming from another side. Here we will cross the river once again making the Modi Khola on our right. In about 30 minutes from Birenthanti we will reach Nayapul from where we will catch our transportation that will take us to Pokhara for overnight stay.
From Pokhara, we catch in a tourist bus for Kathmandu early morning. Once we arrive at Kathmandu, you will be taken to the hotel you've stayed in before (unless changed). As this is the last day, we enjoy the farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with live music and rejoice the moments.
The representatives from Imperial Nepal Treks will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and assist you in your final departure from Kathmandu. We bid our last goodbyes and you will head towards your destination.
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Annapurna treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Annapurna trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Annapurna trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide he arrange some guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 14 Days 13 Nights
- Price Today: US$850
- of 23 Reviews
Annapurna Skyline (The royal Trek)
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 9 Days 8 Nights
- Price Today: US$725
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
- Trip Grade: Easy Trek
- Trip Length: 8 Days 7 Nights
- Price Today: US$595
- of 14 Reviews
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Mardi Himal Trek , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.