Full board on trek
Tea house /Lodges
By tourist Vehicles (bus, Car, Van ,Flight)
-autumn (Sep to Dec) & spring (Feb to May)
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
Outlined Itinerary for Ghorepani Poonhill Trek 8 Days
- Pick up from the airport and drop to Airport.
- Kathmandu to pokhara and pokhara to kathmandu deluxe bus ticket.
- Pokhara nayapul nayapulpul pokhara by private car.
- One guide English speaking, food, salary, accommodation, insurance.
- One porter food, salary, housing, insurance
- 2-night Tourist standard hotel in Pokhara
- Three meals a day, Lunch, Breakfast, dinner, Tea coffee During your trekking.
- Three-night Normal accommodation in the mountain.Lodge and Guest House.
- 2 Night 3* hotel In Kathmandu.
- All necessary things like Tims card And trekking permit.
- One down jacket and sleeping bag In your require.
- Safe drinking water(Filter water)
- Emergency cooperation service.
- Medical Kid Box.
- All kinds of local tax and service charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- All kinds of meals in city place(Kathmandu- Pokhara)
- Your nature expenses,
- All sorts of bar, beverage, Mineral water, desert.
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and helicopter evacuation.
- Tips to the Guide and porter
Annapurna Panorama Trek or Ghorepani Poon Hill trekking is the trek to cover the typical Gurung villages and the excellent hidden beauties lying in the Annapurna Region. This Annapurna Panorama Trek offers a great deal of scenery with streams, forests, sparkling mountain ranges, and picturesque villages throughout our journey. This easy graded Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Nepal is the perfect route to start trekking if you are a beginner. It is in fact chosen as the best suitable trek for beginners.
The most admirable parts of Annapurna Panorama Trek are the appealing glances of sky-high mountains, icy waterfalls, bushy and mossy forests, green valleys comprising the good farming region, and the dense population of Gurung people in the valleys. You are accompanied by the beauty of the Annapurna Region and Nepalese countryside residing in the lap of Annapurna ranges no matter where you step for.
Sunrise from Poon Hill over the cold mountains astonishing indirectly before our eyes, and the great voyage to the wonderland, Ghorepani Gurung Village Trekking includes magnificence of nature as well as the stunning Gurung culture that sets an extraordinary travel memory to treasure until the end of time. In Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek, you won't simply watch the magnificence of nature additionally get the profound bits of knowledge of the Himalayan way of life, societies, and conventions to take after all through your trekking period.
The initiation point for Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek in Annapurna Region is Pokhara. We drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and again from Pokhara to Nayapul after which we start walking all the way to our destination. Upon completion of Annapurna Panorama Trekking, we return back the same way we went for Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Nepal. This is a complete overland tour and involves no flights. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek and Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek is a classy panoramic trek within the beautiful Gurung villages in the Annapurna region. The trek mostly covers Poon Hill Trek and Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek as its major view point. Here are the major highlights of your Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.
- Sight Seeing in Pokhara – the Phewa Lake, the Davis Fall, Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda), Gupteshwor Cave, Mahendra cave and many others
- Pokhara valley view
- Panorama of the Annapurna Ranges with Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre and many others
- Sunrise view from Poon Hill
- Tadapani, a place to watch the tower in the village
- Avalanche tracks and moraines
- Stunning Mountain Dhaulagiri views
- Learn Buddhism, and visit ancient monasteries
- Unique Gurung, Magar and Thakali culture and generous hospitalities of the people living in this region
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- The traditional farming system
- Ghandruk village and Ghorepani Gurung Village Trekking
Our Trekking Group
The trekking group to Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 1-15 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 15 persons, we can manage the Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek accordingly. The maximum number '15' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guides and Porters
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Tea houses and Guest Houses during Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Nepal.
Our Ghorepani Gurung Village Trekking would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at tea house/guest house whereas we will have lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu and Pokhara, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel. We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea/Coffee) are included during Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Nepal once you leave move ahead from Pokhara.
The means of transportation are private vehicles and tourist bus. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks. Also, we will be driving from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus.
Our Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek will start with a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. From Pokhara, we drive to Nayapul and walk all the way to our destination. While returning, we take in the same track back to Kathmandu by taking a tourist bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu early morning upon completion of Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.
Safety and Precaution
This Annapurna panorama trek is a light weight trekking in the Annapurna Region and you are less likely to suffer from Mountain Sickness. However, you are on safe side if you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Ghorepani Poon Hill Panorama Trek. Eventhough Ghorepani Gurung Village Trekking is comparatively an easier trek; you will still be accompanied by our trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped staffs of Imperial Nepal Treks. Hence, your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs that your trek runs safe and successful.
The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, if you do not travel often, you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety wherever needed.
A good planning for Annapurna panorama trek is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before trek.
On your date of arrival, Imperial Nepal Treks will be there to welcome you at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. We will pick you and shift you in a tourist standard hotel as per booking for an overnight accommodation.
We start Trek to Annapurna panorama trek with a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The drive to Pokhara is filled with outstanding panorama of river and countryside. If you have learned about Nepal, you must have gone across this beautiful source of treasures, the place called Pokhara in Nepal. Once we arrive here, you will be transferred to the hotel you've booked before. After taking some time for refreshment, we visit some exotic places lying in Pokhara such as Davi's fall, Gupteshwor cave, Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda – astounding view of Pokhara from here) and later, you will encounter out of the world experience by boating over Phewa Lake. Your accommodation would be in a tourist standard hotel where breakfast will be provided within our budget and other meals will be counted on your own expense.
Heading for Annapurna panorama trek, we take a short drive to Nayapul. Passing by the famous Bindhyabasini Temple, and wonderful view of Pokhara valley along with Himalayan range of Annapurna Region, we reach Milanchowk. Walking along the Ghobang Khola, we cross Phedi, Naudanda, and little higher from here lies places like Kande and Lumle. Crossing the bridge over Dhoti Khola, we arrive at Nayapul.
After sometime we head for Tikhedhunga from Nayapul. We ascend from Nayapul and cross the river over Modi Khola. Now walking along the Bhurungdi Khola, we step in Birethanti. At Birethanti, check in formalities takes place at the ACAP office. The countryside villages above Bhurungdi Khola are simply awesome and passing by these villages here, we arrive at Tikhedhunga. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch and dinner).
The trail drops down for a while and then climbs up steadily to Ulleri. Ulleri is the view point for Annapurna south and Hiunchuli. The special point about Ulleri is that it consists of 3200 stone steps engraved with beautiful landscape in Magar village. Because of the fantastic scenery here, you will be getting the ultimate energy to climb up the steps and head further to the destination. Further from Ulleri, the pathway goes upwards through the Rhododendron forests along the Bhurungdi River. Ascending over the trail, we reach Ghorepani, the trekker's stop that was previously an important campsite. Ghorepani is the source of excellent views of entire Annapurna range and Dhaulagiri. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch and dinner).
Poon Hill, the famous spot to eye on the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges, is one popular destination among trekkers of Annapurna region as it would let you detain the view of sunrise over the mountains like Tukuche, Nilgiri, Varaha Shikhar, Dhaulagiri, Annapurana, Lamjung and others of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Taking in the snaps of Sunrise view from Poon Hill, we descend back to Ghorepani as Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek accomplishes. From Ghorepani begins our Ghorepani Ghandruk trek after breakfast.
Heading towards Ghandrunk now, we descend through the trail crossing a bridge over Ghar Khola. Also, we pass by the Deurali pass and reach Ban Thanti. The pathway is descends steep from here for a while and then we need to climb to reach Tadapani. Once we cross the small ascent, we are at Tadapani. Tadapani is a place to watch the tower in the village, a great view of Tadapani village can be observed from here.
From Tadapani, we descend towards Ghandruk which is our last destination of Ghorepani Ghandruk Trek. Ghandruk is a typical Gurung village which is in fact the second largest Gurung villages in Nepal. To the south of modern Ghandruk lies a beautiful traditional Gurung village known as Gairi Gaun that consists of slate roofed houses which is an excellent point to observe typical lifestyle and culture of the old Nepalese tradition. Apart from the villages, here also exists a Gurung Museum which we will visit and stay overnight here. Your accommodation would be in a lodge/teahouse where meals are provided on full board basis (breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch and dinner).
We start our trek fresh morning with some breakfasts at Ghandruk and head down for Nayapul. As we reach Nayapul, we have our lunch and drive back to Pokhara in our private vehicle. We stay at Pokhara and stroll around the lake side. Your accommodation would be in a tourist standard hotel as before where breakfast is included within our budget and other meals will be counted on your own expenses.
From Pokhara, we catch in a tourist bus for Kathmandu early morning. Once we arrive at Kathmandu, you will be taken to the hotel you've stayed in before (unless changed). As this is the last day, we enjoy the farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with live music and rejoice the moments.
The representatives from Imperial Nepal Treks will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and assist you in your final departure from Kathmandu. We bid our last goodbyes and you will head towards your destination.
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Annapurna treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Annapurna trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Annapurna trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide he arrange some guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 14 Days 13 Nights
- Price Today: US$850
- of 23 Reviews
Annapurna Skyline (The royal Trek)
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Trip Length: 9 Days 8 Nights
- Price Today: US$725
Annapurna Round with Tilicho Lake Treks
- Trip Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Trip Length: 21 Days 20 Nights
- Price Today: US$1150
- of 15 Reviews
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Ghorepani Poonhill Trek , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.