Helambu Trek 10 Days
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
- TRIP OVERVIEW
- TRIP DETAILS
- DETAILED ITINERARY
- Fixed DATES: 2017 / 2018
Moderate to Strenuous
Full board on trek
Tea house/ Lodge
Private Vehicle/ Bus
September to December & March to May.
Outlined Itinerary for Helambu Trek 10 Days
- Airport - hotel -airport pickup and drop by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Four nights’ hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan as per category.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during trekking period.
- Local fresh fruits are available.
- Best available accommodations during the trek in Teahouse.
- Helambu area Trekking map, one in a group.
- An experienced Government licensed guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa to carry your bags during the trekking 2:1, max 20 KG baggage/porter.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- Ground transportation by private vehicle from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Melamchi to Kathmandu.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available) if required.
- All necessary paper works and Helambu conservation entry permits (ACAP fees).
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- All kinds of meals in city place(Kathmandu- Pokhara)
- Your nature expenses,
- All sorts of bar, beverage, Mineral water, desert.
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and helicopter evacuation.
- Tips to the Guide and porter
Being one of the shortest treks in Langtang, Helambu Trek is a package to those who are willing to explore the natural scenes and beauties prevailing in this wondrous land. Eventhough it is a moderate graded trek, Langtang Helambu Trek still has the power to let you sense the spectacular charms of the Helambu region.
Helambu region trek is the diverse to gain enthralling experience by climbing to the highlands of Langtang region with dense rhododendron and oak forests passing by the Shivapuri National Park where flora and fauna residing in this region can be observed closely.
If you are looking to explore the Langtang region and have few days time then Helambu Trek could serve you well giving you tons of wonderful memory spent on the lap of Himalayas. With luring nature and amazing hospitalities of the people here, Helambu region trek would be one great choice to see the alluring beauty present near from Kathmandu valley.
The initiation point for Helambu RegionTrek in Helambu Region is Sundarijal. We drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. Upon completion of Helambu valley trekking, we drive back to Kathmandu from Melamchi Pul Bazar. The Route Map has captured every trail we would be following throughout our Langtang Helambu Trek. Click Here for the routes and coverage areas of your destination.
Langtang Helambu Trek is short trek to the Helambu region offering you a peaceful journey with green lushes and forests all along. Here are the major highlights of Helambu Region Trek.
- Typical old Tibetan villages
- Mind blowing Sherpa and Tamang cultures, traditions and rituals
- Brahmin and Chettri settlements
- Spectacular mountain views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung
- Langtang Region's specialty, the wonderful region blessed by the nature
- Villages like Chisapani, Melamchi, Kutumsang, Tarkeghyang, Sermathang and Helambu village
- Rhododendron and Oak Forests, Greenland, Green hills, typical villages, giant Bhotekoshi River, Indrawati River and surrounding mountain views are the best to observe from Helambu
- Ancient monasteries
- Spring Season is the best to discover the wild variety of flowers all around
- The traditional farming system
The trekking group to Langtang Helambu Trek depends on the number of persons. Normally, we take in 1-10 persons in a group. However, if you are in a bigger group of more than 10 persons, we can manage the Helambu valley trekking accordingly. The maximum number '10' is the outcome of generally organized group treks. But, we are good at organizing treks for any group size you require.
Besides the trekking group, we have our local staffs to assist you as well. Trekking does not just mean traveling around; it will be more rewarding if you can gain good bunch of information of the areas you travel. So, we provide you with guides for that and in order to assure easy travel experience, we have porters who would carry on your luggage. We will facilitate you with 1 porter for 2 persons, 1 porter carrying maximum of 20 kg weight.
Guides and Porters
For trekking group of 1 to 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
For trekking group of more than 5 people, we provide – 1 Guide, 1 Assistant Guide and Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Accomodation and Meals
Our overnight stay would be on Lodge/Guest Houses during Helambu trek Nepal. Twin sharing comfortable beds and common bathroom will be provided. The place is clean and hygienic. However, if you require a single supplement accommodation, it can also be made available on request at an additional cost of US$ 200. But still you need to be aware that single supplement accommodation may not be available at all the places during your Helambu region trek.
Our Langtang Helambu Trek in Helambu Region would let you experience typical Nepali food, special mountain foods and other cuisines including international cuisine like Indian, Tibetan, Italian, and Continental. You can always make your choices from the food menu available there. We will have breakfast and dinner at lodge/guest houses mostly whereas we will have the lunch on our way.
While in Kathmandu, your accommodation is at tourist standard hotels facilitated with Attached Bath, A/C, 24 hours running hot/cold shower, Internet service and others. The facilities provided here is of 2 to 3 star standard hotel.
We offer welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfasts during your stay in Kathmandu. Other meals as well as your other personal expenses will be from your own pocket during your stay in Kathmandu. Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, and Tea/Coffee) are included during Helambu valley trekking once you leave Kathmandu.
The means of transportation are private cars/vans and public bus. Pick up and drop from airport to hotel, and hotel to airport will be done by the vehicles of Imperial Nepal Treks. Also, we will be driving from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and from Melamchi to Kathmandu by Bus.
Our Helambu region trek will start with a drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. From Sundarijal, we walk all the way to our destination. While returning, we take a short drive from Melamchi to Kathmandu.
Safety and Precaution
Helambu Trek is a light weight trekking in the Helambu Region and you are less likely to suffer from Mountain Sickness. However, you are on safe side if you take in good precaution during your travel to avoid any difficulties in your Helambu region trek. Eventhough Helambu valley trekking is comparatively an easier trek, you will still be accompanied by trustworthy, experienced, qualified and well-equipped staffs of Imperial Nepal Treks. Hence, your safety is assured by the local trek guide and other staffs that your trek runs safe and successful.
The guides of Imperial Nepal Treks are trained and licensed from Nepal Government, certified from TAAN and Nepal Mountaineering Association with experience over 8 years. So, this is a double assurance for your safety and to make sure that you are in the correct and professionals hand. Thus, you need not worry about anything; we are here only at your service.
Regarding health issues, if you do not travel often, you are likely to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up high at faster pace is too harmful and can be fatal as well because of less oxygen. Some general symptoms of AMS are
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Due to this, we need good time to adapt in the current environment and thus we have planned our itineraries in such a way that we get enough time for acclimatization to ensure your health safety wherever needed.
A good planning for Helambu Region Trek is a must to minimize the health risks with problems like AMS. And if you are a patient of heart, lungs or blood disease, it is very important that you consult with your doctors and familiarize yourself with the remedies for the diseases before Langtang Helambu Trek.
The representative of Imperial Nepal assists to give you reception at Tribhuvan International Airport upon your arrival and transfer you to check-in at the pre-booked Hotel in Kathmandu for BB Plan overnight accommodation.
Your sightseeing trip will start at 9 AM in the morning after breakfast. We will provide a private vehicle and professional tour guide. The major sightseeing attractions are; Pasupatinath temple, Buddhanath, Swoyambhunath (the Monkey temple), and Kathmandu durbar square. The afternoon includes a final briefing and preparations for the trek with save overnight accommodation with BB Plan.
Today, we make an hour's drive to Sundarijal (1350m), our trek start point. From Sundarijal, trek to Chisopani (2300m) about 4-5 hours. We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant. The trail then enters through into the Shivapuri National Park. The first settlement we come across is Mulkharka mostly inhabited by the Tamang people. Then we walk along the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani where we set our overnight accommodation in full board teahouse.
After taking our breakfast, we head for a journey to Kutumsang takes about 7 hours. Our today's trek starts with a decent crossing meadows and fields. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Langtang Mountains. Thus we arrive at Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang. From Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs the ridge to another pass. Another downhill trek from the pass takes us to Kutumsang for our overnight full board teahouse accommodation.
We climb above Kutumsang on a steep trail mostly through fir and rhododendron forest where there are no permanent settlements. The trek continues 6-7 hours to Yurin Danda with magnificent views of the Himalayas. Finally, we arrive at Tharepati for our overnight stay in full board teahouse.
Today we head for Tarkeghyang about 6 hours trek. During early part of the trek, the trail descends until we cross the Melamchi Khola. Then we trek up to Tarkeghyang passing through Sherpa settlements. Enjoy the Himalayan peaks appear before you glistening in the sunshine. Discover the village and its monastery which is one of the oldest and biggest monasteries in the region. The village is more popularly known as Helambu, since most of the inhabitants belong to the Hyolmo caste. Our overnight teahouse camp is set here.
Since, we do not gain altitude that much today; it's going to be comparatively easy walk. We cross forest, streams, and waterfalls along the way within 4-5 hours. The trail makes a sweep around the wide valley end between Parachin and the Sherpa village of Gangyul. From Gangyul, we arrive at Sermathang. Discover the village. There is also a Buddhist monastery at the highest point of the village. Here we set our overnight stay in teahouse.
On our final day of the trek, we walk down to Malemchi Pul Bazaar. The village is mostly inhabited by the Sherpa, but there are also people of other ethnicities. From the Bazaar, catch the bus to Katmandu. Upon reaching Kathmandu, Himalayan Glacier Trekking will host a farewell dinner. Congratulations on the completion of your trek.
Today is set for your rest day to explore your free time shopping in Kathmandu or a scenic mountain flight of Mt. Everest exploration as an extra activity if required. At the evening we offers you the Typical Nepalese Cultural Dinner in a renowned local food restaurant.
The trip ends, the Imperial Nepal Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International airport for your final departure from Nepal to your port of destination.
- 2017 Fixed Departures
- 2018 Fixed Departures
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Langtang treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Langtang trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Langtang trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide arrange some place guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Helambu Trek , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.