Lodge/ Guest house
Tourist Bus/ local Bus
autumn ( Sep to Dec) & spring (Feb to May)
- Customizable Itineraries
- Best Value Guaranteed
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- "Snowball Discount" We offer you what we like to call snowball discounts. The more people you can bring with you in your trek, the better discounts you are entitled to.
Outlined Itinerary for Khopra Danda (Say Khayer Lake) 13 Days
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- 2 Nights twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu at tourist standard hotel with breakfast
- 2 Nights twin sharing accommodation in Pokhara
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance
- Annapurna trekking permits and Tims permits
- Bus transportation to Pokhara and return from Pokhara by standard Tourist Bus ( Car or air transport is possible with extra charges)
- Breakfast in the city and full meals during the trek
- Gov. licensed and well-trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- A porter (One porter for each two members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local tax and Gov tax
- Down jackets and sleeping bags
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and above mentioned special dinner
- Monument entrance fees
- Your nature expenses, eg. Mineral water, Beer, Coke and entire beverage, etc
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and Helicopter Evacuation
- Tips and any other extending tours and accommodation.
Khopradanda trekking trail is one of the recently open trekking courses in Annapurna district and associated with Annapurna base camp, strolling course isolated from Tadapani to Khopra Hill or you can state Khayer Lake (Tal) treks too. You pass through Rhododendron forest, Himalayan Bamboo glorious of Himalayan panorama which incorporates Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna (I, II, III and south), Hiunchuli, Machhauchhare, LamjungHimal and Nilgiri. Every year not very many individuals think about this trekking trail, it is ideal for the individuals who need walk non touristic trekking course in Annapurna region,alsoGhorepani Poon Hill gives you 360 Degree sunrise views of Panoramic Himalaya and Ghandruk is an appealling town which is embellished by dynamic Buddhist religious communities and houses made by slate and stones.
From Tribhuban International Airport you will be transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon you will invite to visit our office for briefing about the each day program. Today you will receive your Annapurna Conservation Permits and TIMS.
Early in the morning after having breakfast you will start a scenic drive to the beautiful city of Pokhara and transfer your hotel. Afternoon if time permits boating in Phewa lake and visit Barahi temple situated in Center of Phewa Lake, also side trip around lakeside.
After having breakfast early in the morning with a half an hour drive to Nayapul and you will start your trek to Tikhedhunga. At a 20minutes walk from Nayapul you will reach to Birethati, here you have to show your trekking permit and TIMS in the National Park Office. After a short stops, and trail slightly goes Tikhedhunga via Burundi Khola, village of Sudame, MathathatiHille and finally crossing many beautifully settled hamlets and reach to Tikhedhunga.
After breakfast the trail slightly drops to Bank of the small river. From here 2 hour climbs uphill to Magar and Gurung settlement village of Ulleri, which is beautiful village placed in the middle of forest from where you can witness the magnificent Annapurna south and other snowy peaks and walking path dead you through Rhododendron forest to Ghorepani via Nanggethati overnight at lodge
Early in the morning you climb to Poon hill to witness the enthralling vista of sunrise with Mt Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Machhauchhare, Hiunchuli, Nilgiri and Annapurna South in the rear view and hike back to Ghorepani, breakfast. The trail leads about five hours to reach the beautiful village of Tadapani2660m overnight at lodge.
The first 2½ hour was a gentle walk through beautiful Rhododendron forest. We can see a lot of Primula. After 65 min. more walk and 4-5 small climbs we reached a little pass and 5 min. later a chautara (rest place). Short after the chautara there was a sign to Khopra on our left hand. About here someone has made a tea stop, if it is open. Up to the left there is a praying flag. It is the trail to Deurali. Walk 15 min. up here, and there is a great viewpoint. Now it became hard. It was only a small trail high up on the mountainside, so be careful. Some parts very gentle around the mountainside and some parts were very steep up. After almost one hour we reached the top, and short after we started to go down, we saw the lodge at Baili Kharka. They are planning to make the last part of this trail better.
From Baili Kharka we could see down at the lodge in Chistibang. Today we walk through some very nice forests with old big trees, not to be seen in Nepal very often. From Chistibang it takes about two hours to reach the top. It was steep up. On the top we could see beautiful: Rhododendron, Dhaulagiri, Tukhuche Peak, Damphus Peak, Nilgiri, Annapurna 1, Annapurna South and deep down Sikha. It is like a fairytale. 15. Min after the top we will reach at the lodge.
From Khopra Ridge it is possible to walk to a lake (4300). It takes about 5 hours. The trail is steep down on a ridge with irregular stones and stone steps, but mostly ok. It is also a very nice trail with a nature and a view so beautiful, wild and dramatically, that again it is like a fairytale. After 1½ hour we reach a big Ridge, and from there the trail was no longer a problem. But now we became a very nice view to the Hillsides of Nepal. After two more hours we reach the nice little village of Paudwar, where not many other tourists are coming. Besides the school there is little local hotel. It is basic, and the food is basic. But it is a nice place to stay with a clean toilet and a clean bathroom, and the people are very friendly.
After having breakfast trek to Swanta it takes about 3 hours to get Swanta and overnight at Lodge.
Today we trek to Baili Kharkha from Swanta. Swanta - Chistibang 3 hours and Chistibang to Baili Kharka 3 hours walk and overnight at the teahouse
After having breakfast trek to Tadapani it takes approximatly 6 hours to reach Tadapani and overnight at Tadapani.
The trails slightly go downhill from Tadapani to Bhaise Kharka where you can find some tea house and quick break for tea, coffee and With 2 hours of downhill walk from here you will reach Ghandruk2090m. Here, trekkers are blessed with closest views of Annapurna and Machhauchhare. Celebrate your trekking with Gurung culture and traditions. After lunch the trail leads you downhill for about three hours; the trail has some small tea house. Prolong your walk to reach Birethati. With a half an hour walk arrive to Nayapul with private transport drive back to Pokhara
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu and transfer your hotel, spare time for your family shopping evening celebrate farewell dinner with Nepali Family.
What is the success rate for your trips?
- We have up to 98 % success rate for our Annapurna treks.
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me?
- To prepare for a strenuous trek you should begin training at least two to three months before your departure. As a guideline, an hour of aerobic exercise three to four times per week would be considered a minimum requirement. The best preparation is bushwalking involving relatively steep ascents and descents. If you can manage a couple of valley floor to ridgeline ascents per comfortable and able to enjoy the trek to the fullest. They are physically strong, sharp-witted and have an incredibly positive attitude towards a life that we would consider extremely tough. There is something about a trek in the Himalaya that draws you back time and time again. For keen walkers it is a paradise and even avowed non-walkers find that one foot just seems to follow the other, drawn by the appeal of what lies beyond.
Will somebody come to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival?
- Yes Some one come to pick you up from airport to hotel .
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu and in trekking?
- In Kathmandu we will provide you 3* category hotel and mountain normal Tea house/ Lodge
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay deposit later or do I HAVE to pay deposit at booking/reservation?
- About deposit amount depend about you, This is possible you reserve your trip now and pay your deposit amount 20% later
Is there a possibility of getting separate rooms for the Kathmandu portion of the trip? If so how much extra will this cost?
- Yes this is possible of getting separate rooms in Kathmandu, It cost around $40 Per night.
Is this a guaranteed departure even if I am alone stating in the request trip?
- Our departure is guaranteed even if you are along.
When I pay the remainder of the money on arrival in Kathmandu, how do you take that money? US cash or credit card?
- Remaining balance you pay upon your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept Visa card, MasterCard, and cash.
What sort of food can I expect in trekking?
- Most teahouses (lodges) in Annapurna trails cook a delicious range of mostly vegetarian fare. Pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat(rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization – eat some every day. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu.
Is the food in mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety?
- YES, the food is very safe during the trekking and we recommend you to eat the vegetarian and local food. Please follow the suggestion of our guide on the trek.
Is water provided and is there still water available at higher altitudes? Is it filtered/boiled? Readily available?
- Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses. You can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 at lower elevations to USD 4 to higher elevation per littler. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- We used in Kathmandu all transport Car/ Van/Bus with A/C
What is the best season for this trekking?
- February, March, April, May,/ October, November, December are the best time to do Annapurna trek.
What is the weather and temperature like in trekking?
Spring - March / April / May / June
- During springtime, the average temperature is 17 degrees C with a maximum of 25 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -15 degrees C in the morning and at night for areas above 4000 meters.
July / August Through Mid-September is Monsoon Season
- The maximum temperature during the monsoon season averages 25 degrees C during sunny days with a minimum -15 degrees C in the morning and night at areas above 4000 meters. The average temperature tends to hover around a comfortable 18 degrees C.
Autumn - End of September / October / November
- The average temperature during the fall is 15 degrees C with a maximum temp of 20 degrees C during sunny days and a minimum of -10 degrees C in the morning and at night, for areas above 4000 meters altitude.
I m a Vegeterain, is that a Problem ?
- No problem at all because the lodges mostly serve the vegetarian meals. We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Do your guides have trekking guide certificates from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center? Have they received first aid training for high altitude?
- Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). And NMA.
What safety measures are in place? What safety equipment do your guides carry with them on trek to deal with sickness/accidents?
- Our guides are well trained for the high altitude problems and first aid. They always carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well. All our guides carry the local mobile phones and SAT phones for the emergency.
Do you know about how many miles the trek is?
- Total distance of the entire trek is about 75 miles.
Do we book our own international flights to and from Nepal?
- Yes, you need to book your own International flights.
Can I charge my digital camera or other equipment’s on my trip?
- These facilities will be available in most of the places in your hotel reception by paying some service charges
Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
- There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. All our guides are equipped with the local mobile phone. You may wish to pass the number of our guide to your family for the callback or you can make a call from the guide’s mobile and pay him directly for the international call too.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking?
- No In Trekking you need a cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains.
How much additional money do I need per day?
- It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu, you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 15 to USD 18 per person a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Do I need to tip my guide and porters? How much would that be?
- This is a difficult thing to gauge. we recommend you to spend minimum 10% of your total trip cost for tipping entire local staffs, the ratio of tipping guide and porter will be given to you at the pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before starting the trek.
What opportunities will I have for shower along the trek?
- Our guide he arrange some guesthouse with hot shower. And in rest of the places, hotel water in bucket will be provided for shower; it would cost you extra about USD 3-4 per shower.
Is Imperial Nepl staff insured?
- Our company insures all our trekking staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters.
Can I add extra days to my trekking trip?
- Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Do you use yaks/porters on the trek or do we carry all of our own gear?
- Whilst on the trek, our porter will take care of your luggage. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc only.
Will there be a place to store items/clothing not required for the trek?
- The hotel in Kathmandu does provide the free storage services. So you can leave all your items that are not required for the trekking at your hotel.
Can I obtain the visa for Nepal upon on arrival at the airport?
- YES, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
Additional Information (Contact Us)
If you still have further questions regarding Khopra Danda (Say Khayer Lake) , please feel free to Contact us. We will answer your every question shortly.